It's weird to me to live somewhere with weather. Real weather, the kind you hear about on the news (not just the admittedly major flash floods we get in southern Nevada). A hurricane was headed to Hawaii, but luckily now it's been downgraded to a tropical storm. I know people in Texas and Florida are probably rolling their eyes, but I've been surrounded by mountains my entire life, so real weather is still amazing to me.
Also, notice how it says the temperature is 80 but it feels like 85? How does that happen? Dang humidity.
6 comments:
Lindsey, Aaron, Mark and I were talking about this last night (we were home teaching). Being from the mountains too it is quite exciting to see a cool storm brewing in the area - and pretty scary too. About four years ago or so we went to Florida with my family and while we were there Hurricane Charlie hit. We were all quite excited (all of us being from Utah) except for Mark. He served in the Philippines and so had been through the typhoons there and it really wasn't a big deal for him. So while we watched the news and looked out the windows, Mark played his little pocket PC game. Pretty funny. It was also cool to go out afterwards and see all the uprooted trees, knocked over signs and other damage. (Sorry for the book) I hope you don't get hit by too big of a storm while you are there!!
humidity is the worst. i grew up with it, so i didn't really know what i was missing until i went away to college in ut. i don't miss it. and now we're experiencing it again. it's only 75 but feels like 95 because you can't breathe. the air weighs you down and sticks to you. anyway...k asked me one time at the park, "is this a rain forest?...it's wet and green with lots of trees." good guess. :)
ha ha - I liked that rainforest comment.
Yeah, I don't miss the humidity. I definitely prefer the dry heat. BUT Jeremy and I want to move somewhere, someday, that actually does have real weather... and trees...green ones... that grow on their own...
Glad you're not getting a hurricane anymore. That storm should be AWESOME to watch and listen too though. Be safe!
It was 102 degrees at lunchtime today. Live it up Mrs. Hawaii!!!
85 might not sound like much, but add 80%+ humidity and subtract the blessing of air conditioning, and you have constant opressive heat. I've lived in the desert my entire life and never been as consistently hot as I've been since we moved here, except those times I'm in the air conditioned grocery store.
Your fans are absolutely a life saver there. Yeah, that sticky thing is oppresive. But worth it to see you and Todd and Baby Sassy. And to see the color of the water there. Yeah, it's worth it.
Post a Comment