I'm incredibly tickled with how it turned out. I didn't make up the pattern--I do not have that creative gene. I based it off this cute little drawing, from a really fun site that gave me way too many stocking ideas.
It's not finished yet--we're not going to pick a name until we meet little miss sassy, so the stocking is going to be in pieces until the end of November. Luckily that's still enough time to finish it before Christmas, and more importantly before the Christmas decorations go up. That's my favorite part anyway.
Here's the entire front. I'm so excited about the feather in his hat. I also had to add a little bit of flair in the corner--do you see the snowflake?

The back. I love this fabric. 
And the middle. No one will really see this, which is sad because the gingerbread men are adorable, but this fabric was too fun not to use.

Like I said, this project went much faster than I anticipated, so now I can start on her baby quilt. Which scares the crap out of me.
11 comments:
Really cute! Nice work! :) Calling her "Sassy" cracks me up.
Do you have a pattern for your quilt already? If not, I have a SUPER easy one I can send you. Good luck. How fun to have all this time to make so many fun things! Good for you!
Hehe! I still love that her name is Baby Pink Sassy (and that it "says" it on her stocking--that made me giggle).
The stocking looks very nice--well played! And so quickly too!
PS Did you take the picture that is at the top of your blog? It is fantastic!
How adorable. Ummmm....I think you have the creative gene!
How adorable. Ummmm....I think you have the creative gene!
Wow! Placemats, Christmas stocking and now a quilt?!!??! Hello, Mrs. Ambitious!!! Go get 'em!
I love it! It is so cute! I can't wait to see the quilt!
I love your new picture at the top of the blog! It is beautiful!
You are so crafty. I love the stocking (although I think the feather is my absolute favorite part). I can't wait to see what clever thing you do next for Miss Sassy!!
All of those fabrics are fantastic and the finished project is wonderful. I am impressed with all it! I need someone sitting by my side walking me through every step for me to be able to sew anything.
Jen what an awesome job you did! I think doing all these fun and crafty project are some of my favorite things about being a parent! You are amazing!!
I am so impressed, Jen! You did a great job on both placemats and stocking. I do want to warn you that the "end of November" may seem like plenty of time now to finish the stocking...but...your whole life is going to CHANGE at that point! You will NEVER again have as much time as you do now...Enjoy it!
Ok you are being a little too crafty. ;) I love that you are calling her Miss Sassy. That's fantastic! I think handmade stockings are the best!!!
Post a Comment