(And one season and 26/27 episodes of Grey's Anatomy.)
I finished the place mats (8 for each holiday) and runners (4 each). Yea me! I bought fabric nearly a year ago, but it has taken me forever to get the momentum started. Not working, and having great shows to watch while I sew, helped a ton. What does it say about me that I need background noise to be productive?
I'm really excited with how they turned out. Looking back now, I should have coordinated the colors better, had one common color in all the stripes. Though at the same time I'm happy they turned out how I initially planned--lots of fun fabrics I loved that don't necessarily coordinate but make me really happy.
I still need to iron and starch them into submission (which will be interesting because I don't iron so I don't know how to use starch).
Here's Christmas. I love the striped material. And the nutcrackers.

On the opposite side of that (they're double-sided, with one pattern on each side) is the appropriately- but boringly-named "Pretty."

Here's Halloween. Halloween is my favorite holiday, especially as far as colors and patterns, so the place mats make me giddy.

And here's the opposite side of that, Thanksgiving. These are surprisingly my favorite runners and place mats, probably because all the pieces have brown in common. Hence my realization I should have coordinated better.

This was a great project to (1) get me used to and not afraid of the rotary cutter and cutting fabric in general, and (2) practice sewing straight lines. Which it turns out I can't do, especially if the lines are thicker than the sewing machine foot thingie. But hopefully no one will notice except me.
My next project is a stocking for Baby Pink Sassy. I'm excited to start.
Here's the (very small) pattern for the place mats and runners. If you want the Excel version, let me know.

15 comments:
I think they turned out great! You do an amazing job. Good for you and all your craftiness. I love the Thanksgiving ones as well...probably because I love Thanksgiving.
I love that you watched Grey's. ( I have a hard time doing anything without background noise as well) I saw a commercial for it the other night on Lifetime (yes I just admitted that I do sometimes in fact watch Lifetime) and I thought of you. It was a "remember why you fell in love with Grey's" commercial. It was great! I almost teared up just watching past moments.
WOW! Way to go and I love that they're just double-sided! i would love the pattern if you'd email it to me cortneylynn (at) gmail (dot( com. :)
These are great! I love them! I need background noise when I sew too. I've tried radio and I really need a show to watch instead. I don't think it says anything about you. I think it's normal. I love them all! I think they all work together really well and the beauty of the stripes is that they don't have to be exactly the same colors. They are great! I want the big pattern too. :)
I love them!! You did a great job! I wish I was better with my sewing machine.
My wife is amazing! :)
So impressive, Jen!!! I love that you made them doubles sided too...very creative!
Nesting always gets me to finish "unfinished" projects too!
Ohhhh...they DO look so nice! Well played sister Jensen.
PS Baby Pink Sassy is by far my favorite name so far. I bet that one is nowhere near the top ten.
I too am impressed with your double-sided-ness. How space-savingly smart!
So cute!! I am jealous, I need to get my sewing machine out and make something...if I knew how to use it!
Looks like you are nesting! I love the thanksgiving ones! Fall is my favorite season. Can't wait to see the stocking.
Looks like you are nesting! I love the thanksgiving ones! Fall is my favorite season. Can't wait to see the stocking.
They are so cute Jen- I am impressed. I bet they're even cuter in person!!!
Crafty projects can be so fun and rewarding once they're done! I want to see your baby stocking when you finish it :)
Way impressive. Don't you love when you have extra time. When I was pregnant with Lexie I started scrapbooking and managed to watch so much tv while doing it. I can't believe you did so many sets. I am awed.
Those are all so beautiful! I'm so proud of you for getting them all done---way to persevere! And once you get confidence in making something, you find that you can make about anything you set your mind to. Very fun!
Post a Comment