Luckily we took the above close-up photo, because it was so hard to find in the picture below. I couldn't find it on the computer screen, even zoomed way in--Todd found it.
I love examples of how things are supposed to work--the spider is camouflaged, and we know camouflage works, but wow this is a great example of how.
The spider is about the length of four of those holes in the pole. I told you it was huge.
Also and seriously, you'll be my hero if you know where the title of this post came from.
13 comments:
I don't think it counts if I know where your quotes come from because our whole family uses to the same quotes (one might call it quote incest :) ).
But yucky bling spider. Apparently it preys upon unsuspecting Tiffany's buyers.
I KNOW! I KNOW!! Ha! The Secret of Nimh! Do I get to be your hero now?
Interesting spider. Hawaii sounds very insectuous. Warm and delightful though - I'd still like to be there - especially because it's in the low 60's here today and I freeze.
My heroes!!! Yippee for awesome 80s movies and my cool friends (relatives, but that makes you even better friends) who know the movies.
Also, Ariane, you just made up the best word ever that almost made me spit out my milk. "Insectuous." Awesome.
i totally knew it was from "the secret of nimh"! am i still super-cool for knowing it without being your family?
I think you are obsessed with bugs! :) I love it!
Is it OK to think that the spider is...gorgeous?!!! But I wouldn't want to wear it.
Paradise comes at a price.....bugs.
I love quotes! Rikky has heard that one before but we watched it recently so now he has a little better understanding (oh, the things boys learn when they marry into the Ripplinger family).
That is a cool looking spider-as long as it's not in your house. I can't believe it's that big!
You weren't kidding, that sucker is weird.
Get this. I love to stop and look at bugs I find (especially the weird looking ones), but I would scream bloody murder if any of them crawled on me.
I'm second guessing my goal of visiting HI sometime in my life, I don't know how I feel about ginormous, camouflaged spiders ;)
Yeah, I knew the Secret quote too. I was insectuous with anticipation to say so, too, but Whit's right-- we must've watched that movie a hundred times+ growing up.
Sorry, that was Matt, not Maggie, above.
BTW, the exact quote was "A sparkly! You're wearin' a SPARKLY!"
Post a Comment