Monday, October 12, 2009

Baby in the nursery

Here she is sticking as far out of my belly as possible . . . in her nursery. This picture was taken yesterday, and I am about 36 weeks. So near the end, which is awesome. We can't wait to meet her.
Also, I'm smiling in this picture because the 5 days of insane heat and humidity and no wind were finally over. Note to self--if we move back to Hawaii, get a place with air conditioning.

It would seem the heat was preparation for a storm, and it's been raining on and off since Sunday early morning. When it rains a lot, waterfalls form on the cliffs of our favorite mountains. I got a lousy picture today that doesn't show how dramatic the waterfalls are, but I'm going to post it anyway.
Hopefully the rain keeps up and we can get a really dramatic picture of the falls--we saw some a few months ago and they were like silver ribbons going down the entire mountain. It was breathtaking.

But I did get a picture of a rainbow.

17 comments:

Larysa said...

I LOVE your nursery! Dr. Seuss has always been my favorite. So I may just copy you and not post any evidence. :D

You look fantastic! I hope I can look so good pregnant. I hope you are feeling well.

Those pictures may be blurry, but they are still amazing. You have such beautiful scenery all around you.

Rachel said...

What a beautiful place for Baby Sassy to first call home - and such a cute nursery! ;)
You look great! 4 weeks is not long at all! That's pretty exciting. I'm sure she's just as excited to meet her awesome parents. You guys are going to be great!

Jessie said...

What a cute bump you have! I love your nursery too! You are so creative! Hope those last weeks go fast for you! She will be here before you know it!

Meg said...

I can't believe you only have 4 more weeks left. How has the time gone by so fast. You look great and I don't envy you having the 5 days of heat. It is miserable. But now it is over. So excited for you.

Jessica B Photography said...

I was going to comment on Facebook, but I didn't want you to think Chris was telling you you were cute!

Hello, you live in Paradise.

Unknown said...

She looks so happy and content in her nursery. You look so good. It's amazing to think that you only have four weeks left!! Weird.

Love the scenery. How cool that you get waterfalls when it rains.

Lara said...

Prego and NO A/C?? You must be miserable!! I am glad the heat wave is over and you can enjoy some fantastic views!! Good luck with your last month - you are simply glowing in your picture, I can tell you are excited to have her here. :)

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

You look great! You are one of those lucky ladies, who look like they have a basketball under their shirts, all baby.

Andrea said...

Oh man! What I would give to be a CUTE pregnant woman, like you!

Love the nursery and the waterfalls....so jealous!

BTW, I went private. Send me your email on facebook and I will add you!

Maggie said...

How beautiful! You look great and the scenery is awesome. You could make your own calendar or something. We're excited for you...the end of pregnancy is in sight :)Can't wait to meet her too!

Whitney said...

I cannot believe you are at 36 weeks! (it probably doesn't help that I can't see you--I'm sort of like a three-year-old in that regard)

I'm glad you posted the pictures. A) they make me hate your happy situation, and B) they help me have a semblance of an idea of what it is like to live in Hawaii (see the first paragraph--I'm a visual learner)

Maren and Rik said...

You do look so cute! It's amazing how much our bellies can stretch! The nursery looks so good too but I'm not surprised since you are such a creative and innovative kind of person.

Loupe and Aaron said...

You are so cute. I bet Hawaii is so beautiful after the rains AND (more importantly for the pregnant one) it is cooler! Have considered just living in the ocean???

Anonymous said...

Jen, you are so cute in all your pregnantness. I'm so sad that we didn't get to see waterfalls while we were there, but I'll live. And little baby sassy pink (or whatever you call her :P) will be so spoiled and will either love or hate Dr. Seuss. Lol.

Angie said...

You look so great! I can't believe you are in your last month!! So excited for you!

Jess said...

Your belly is so cute! I also love the nursey! Was it so fun coming up with an idea and then seeing it happen? You did great. It looks awesome!

Amy said...

What is so fun is that your sisters are all so involved together. Love it. So, when do you come out here? PLEASE plan on staying here when you come to check out places to live. We really like where we live.