Thursday, October 8, 2009

That Sam-I-am! That Sam-I-am! I do not like that Sam-I-am!

The baby's room is done! (Well, most of it. It is still the baby's/sewing room.) I'm so excited about how it turned out.
I've always wanted a Seuss-themed nursery, and this season Pottery Barn Kids stepped up to the plate and released impossible-to-find Seuss crib sheets. I'm in heaven!
We bought a random matching pillowcase for the extra fabric. I cut out the characters from the pillowcase and then sewed them onto a completely non-Seuss-related bumper. I love how it looks.
We bought two copies of the two books I consider to be Seuss essentials--Green Eggs and Ham and The Cat in the Hat. One copy of each is in her library, and the other copy of each I used to create wall art. Seuss art is expensive, but pages from an actual Seuss book are not and are, in fact, much cuter.
I think it all came together very well. She will probably never sleep because of sensory overload, but at least she'll know the world is a REALLY colorful place.

18 comments:

Lara said...

Very cute! I had never thought of doing a Seuss nursery, I like how you did your own wall art - how thrifty!

Cara said...

i absolutely love it! you're so creative!

Unknown said...

What a cute idea. Very original. I love what you did to the bumper. You're so crafty.

Kerstin said...

Cute! I love your nursery!What a grat idea to use the actual books as art for the room!

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

I love it! I am impressed with your creativity and of course Potterybarn kids is the best.

April said...

I love it! You are so creative! Love the wall art!

Angie said...

It turned out so cute!! I love the Seuss theme~ how fun!

Megan said...

Adorable! I've never heard of a Seuss them and the teacher in me absolutely LOVES it!! And ditto to everyone else: very creative and crafty, especially with the wall art!

Sarah said...

I love it! You are crazy creative! I would never have thought of the wall art. It's great!!!

Maggie said...

Wow, great room. Our kids are going to feel underprivileged (but I'll tell 'em to suck it up).
Oh, and why does the watermark make you feel better?
--Matt

Rachel said...

I LOVE IT!! LOVE it! Love it!! And taking the pages from the books was BRILLIANT!!! I am super impressed. What a happy room!

Anonymous said...

This is sheer brilliance!! I love it, it is so unique and adorable!

Jessica B Photography said...

Hello Mrs. Crafty!!! I love the bumper. You've got skills!! Now if only you could paint your walls a Seuss green or yellow....

Loupe and Aaron said...

I lovet the sheets! The cut outs look great!!!! Whitney and are were just talking about how crafty you turned out to be. Ü

stacia said...

I absolutely LOVE the Seuss sheets and the bumper! Good idea, as usual!

emma said...

Jen-you-are! Jen-you-are! Jen-you-are so creative! The whole set-up is absolutely adorable. You are going to be a great mama.

SaMama said...

Fantastic bumper! It turned out awesomely, you crafty mama. :)

Rachel B. said...

That looks great! The wall art is so creative! Good work momma!