Saturday, February 16, 2008

The best day of my life


And here it is, the wedding post.

We had such a great wedding. The day was beautiful and clear. Being sealed in the temple was beyond words. Having so many friends and family to share the day with us was awesome. And the reception was such a fun party.

I love love love how my wedding dress turned out. Better than I imagined. Hannah is truly amazing. The back was such a fun idea, and I love how she integrated the gold color. For someone who dislikes gold, I definitely took a liking to it for the wedding. Random.
Don't we have cute bums! (well, I do. You shouldn't be looking at Todd's.)
I am glad I was the fifth child in my family to get married, because after each wedding my mom realized the things she was willing to do on her own, and those things she was willing to pay someone else to do.
Growing up I always thought church gym receptions were the worst things. Until Maren's wedding, when I saw how beautifully someone could decorate a gym. Layna is incredible. I loved how the reception looked--it was very Italian villa meets Mardi Gras; totally what I had in mind and then some. And she put a chandelier in the middle of the room! I loved it.

We had purple table cloths with olive runners, and very simple yet elegant centerpieces, and candles (fake but so cool) on the tables and throughout the room. The whole room was just perfect for our personalities and the vision I had for the room. And if I do say so myself, the colors were phenomenal.

Our caterer was also great. She makes the best food I've ever had at a wedding. She put the food in the center of a room in a square, like a buffet but arranged so you didn't have to wait in line if you only wanted more meatballs. It was very cool. Natalie, the caterer, likes to make the food match the reception decor, which is so cool, and it looked so nice.

Try as we might, Todd and I didn't get to eat. Fancy that. We did get some of the lemonade with cucumber, which sounds weird but was SO yummy. And the coolest thing about the food--Natalie made a bag for me and Todd that had several pieces of all the food, so we got to try our food and also have a midnight snack. It was awesome.

And yes, I stayed strong in my "no wedding cake" policy. And we also had rootbeer floats, also like I wanted. We even did a toast.

5 comments:

Jess said...

I loved looking at all of the pics! Everything looked so great. The room was incredible. I'm so glad you were happy with how everything turned out. Your honeymoon pics looked like you had a great time. It's beautiful!

Kerstin said...

Wow! Everything turned out great! You look beautiful and the reception and food looks wonderful. We wish we could have been there.

Sarah said...

It was a beautiful day! And the reception was amazing! I'm so happy for you both! Thanks for posting the pics!

Katie said...

Oh, Jen, you looked so beautiful and I love your dress! We wish we could have been there. Your reception seemed awesome- couldn't even tell it was in a church gym. Glad everything went off without a hitch!

Unknown said...

Everything looks amazing! You, the gym, the food, etc. I'm glad that everything was exactly how you wanted it to be! That ceiling was insane! Love it!! I wish I could have been there.