Saturday, February 16, 2008

Mexico (el honeymoon)

>

So yeah, honeymoons are totally necessary. Whether it's going to Mt. Charleston for 2 nights, or a long vacation, it's so nice to have time as a couple, and to wind down from the wedding.

We went to Puerto Vallarta and had a great time. We stayed at an all-inclusive resort which was so nice. All our food was paid for, so we just got to pick from their five restaurants (and room service!) for all three meals. It was so nice not to have to worry about it.

We had the honeymoon package, but we didn't get much for that except a cool "honeymooners" sash on our door and these cute towel thingies.

And for the most part, we just chilled. We spent an afternoon in Puerto Vallarta, shopping and walking along the ocean and being tourists. They have a cool old church that is kinda the site in Puerto Vallarta. The top of the church looks like a crown. It was beautiful. I liked this picture because in the left side there's a pinata. I'm a dork.

Our hotel had a private beach, which was so very nice. And being there in an offseason was also great, because the beach was never crowded. At all. And it was 80 degrees every day, so it was perfect.

We could hear and see the ocean from our room. I love the sound of waves crashing onto the sand; it was so loud we thought it was the wind. I loved that.

One day we went whale watching on a sail boat. That was very fun. There were only about 35 people on the boat, which was nice. I get motion sick very easily, but being on a sail boat was fine. I took three Dramamine over nine hours, but I was amazed how well I handled the boat. Sailing was great. And it was nice to be on such a small boat, because every time they saw a whale (or the sea turtle or huge sting ray) they just turned the boat and followed it. We greatly enjoyed it.

The sail boat took us to a small island where we snorkeled for an hour. I've forgotten how much I enjoy that type of thing. We took an underwater camera, so this shot it kinda crappy because I had to scan it (although the scanning affect on this picture is kinda cool). But here's us right before we were done.

We spent a lot of time on the beach, reading and napping and getting free non-alcoholic drinks. Totally my kind of vacation.

3 comments:

Katie said...

What a great vacation! I love that the food is included and that you could order all the pina coladas that you wanted.

Unknown said...

How fun! I totally wish I was relaxing on a beach somewhere right now! That's nice that everything was included. It sounds like it was the perfect honeymoon!

Also, that church with the crown IS cool! Totally random though!

Maggie said...

okay, i'm jealous! i mean, matt and i did get a couple days in san diego, but not a long enough vacation since we had to get back to provo for spring term at byu. oh well. we're making plans for the future...it looks like you had a wonderful honeymoon! nice photos :)