Todd and I danced to Play Me by Neil Diamond. I love that song and it gives me chills and I have always wanted to dance to it at my wedding. So we did. Not because it meant anything to our relationship, but because Todd is good to me and lets me have my way. Which rocks.
Also, we danced to Play Me because Breath (1) isn't a slow song, (2) isn't a slow-dance song, (3) isn't even a love song. To wit,
"So sacrifice yourself, and let me have what's left. I know that I can find the fire in your eyes. I'm going all the way, get away, please. ... You left a hole where my heart should be. You got to fight just to make it through, 'cause I will be the death of you."
BUT, in the spot where the "..."s are, it says, "You take the breath right out of me." I LOVE that line. Any songs dealing with taking breath away is just so awesome to me. And a bit sensual. I just love it. And the fact that line is in the middle of a great song with electric guitars just makes it better.
I have been mildly obsessed with Breaking Benjamin for about 5 years. Last year when Todd and I started IMing frequently, one time he asked about music as an excuse to talk to me (cute). So I told him about le Benjamin, and Todd agreed they're awesome. After we'd started dating, he set the ringtone when I call him to be Breath, specifically the "You take the breath right out of me" part. Which was very sweet. And since then it's been our song.
Below is the music video for Breath, just in case you're interested in hearing the song that defines us but wasn't appropriate for our first dance (and you can also take a gander at the band that is Breaking Benjamin. If they're ever in your town, see them. They're awesome live.).
2 comments:
And the comments work. Weird.
I love the song. I played it over and over again while I checked my other email. Any other music suggestions?
Post a Comment